Subject: 64FR55892 Relocation of Standard Time Zone Boundary in the State of Kentucky
From: [email-masked] (Ray Mullins)
Date: 15 Oct 1999 13:04:10 GMT
Newsgroups: misc.transport.road

For all the time zone phreaks out there - gotta wait another year for
moving Wayne County, KY...

In article <[email-masked]>,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Archive-Name: gov/us/fed/nara/fed-register/1999/oct/15/64FR55892
>Posting-number: Volume 64, Issue 199, Page 55892
>
>[Federal Register: October 15, 1999 (Volume 64, Number 199)]
>[Proposed Rules]               
>[Page 55892]
>From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov]
>[DOCID:fr15oc99-37]                         
>
>=======================================================================
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
>
>Office of the Secretary
>
>49 CFR Part 71
>
>[OST Docket No. OST-99-5843 ]
>RIN 2105-AC80
>
> 
>Relocation of Standard Time Zone Boundary in the State of 
>Kentucky
>
>AGENCY: Office of the Secretary, DOT.
>
>ACTION: Notice of proposed rulemaking.
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>SUMMARY: In response to a petition by the Wayne County, Kentucky, 
>Fiscal Court, the Department of Transportation (DOT) proposed to move 
>Wayne County, Kentucky, from the Central Time Zone to the Eastern Time 
>Zone. Originally, DOT had planned to issue a decision at the beginning 
>of October 1999, so that if a change were adopted it would be effective 
>on October 31, 1999, which is the ending date for daylight saving time. 
>Because this is a very close and controversial proceeding raising novel 
>legal issues, we will not meet our planned timetable. We will issue a 
>decision as soon as possible. The purpose of this notice is to inform 
>the community that now the earliest date that the proposed change might 
>take effect is October 29, 2000.
>
>FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Joanne Petrie, Office of the Assistant 
>General Counsel for Regulation and Enforcement, U.S. Department of 
>Transportation, Room 10424, 400 Seventh Street, SW., Washington, DC 
>20590, (202) 366-9315.
>
>    Issued in Washington, DC on October 8, 1999.
>Rosalind Knapp,
>Acting General Counsel.
>[FR Doc. 99-26945 Filed 10-14-99; 8:45 am]
>BILLING CODE 4910-62-P
>

-- 
M. Ray Mullins Big Bear City, California home of the other MARTA ICQ# 28901695
California Transit Publications - your one stop shop for transit marketing,
publications, planning and web services at http://www.catransit.com/     TIPs:
http://socaltip.lerctr.org http://norcaltip.lerctr.org http://cencaltip.lerctr.org